Hail: Hailstorm - Staying Safe
Material provided by Federal Alliance for Safe Homes http://www.flash.org/
- When hail is forecast, close your drapes, blinds or window shades to prevent potential injury from broken glass blowing inside.
- Do not try to go outside to protect your property during a storm. Stay indoors until the storm has passed.
- Stay away from skylights, windows and doors.
- Verify that you can safely move around outside. Avoid any broken or downed branches and power lines.
- Check the trees, shrubs and plants around your house. If they are stripped of their foliage, there is a possibility your roof is damaged. Dented patio covers, screens or soft aluminum roof vents could also indicate roof damage.
- Cover any broken windows and holes in your roof to prevent water intrusion following hail damage.